FEATURED

At least 10 security personnel were killed in an attack on a security check post in Ketch, ISPR said


The Pakistani military has confirmed that 10 security personnel were killed and three others were injured in an attack on a security check post in Ketch area of ​​Balochistan province on Tuesday.
The banned Baloch militant group BLF has claimed responsibility for the incident.

According to Levies officials of Kutch district, the incident took place around 6 pm on Tuesday in the mountain range of Dasht-e-Glangor sub-tehsil, about 25 km from Turbat city.

A Levies Control official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told VOA that “we have received reports from undercover sources that militants attacked a Pakistan Army check post in the mountain range of Balangur in the Dasht area on January 25 evening.” Like Baloch militants have attacked.

According to the Levies official, there were reports that militants, numbering about 45, stormed a security checkpoint and stormed it.

According to Levies, about 10 personnel were killed in the incident, while there were also reports that the militants had taken weapons and other equipment with them, including four other injured personnel.

According to officials, the bodies of the slain personnel have been airlifted from the plains to Turbat by helicopters.

In this regard, when an attempt was made to contact the Deputy Commissioner of Ketch District, he apologized for giving such details. It is to be noted that in the year 2022, it is considered to be the biggest attack of security forces in Makran division till Prab.

Ketch District is located in Makran Division of Balochistan. Popular areas include Turbat, Mand, Dasht, Balida, Tempe and Zamran. In the past, there have been attacks on security forces in these areas of Ketch district.

In June last year, unidentified assailants hurled an IED at a water boozer supplying water to the Frontier Constabulary (FC) in Hoshab area of ​​Ketch district of Balochistan, killing one officer.

In June 2021 alone, four officers were killed and eight wounded in attacks on the Frontier Corps in Quetta and Turbat.

Last year, four security personnel were killed and two others, including an officer, were injured in a bomb attack on a security forces vehicle in Balochistan's Harnai district.

In May last year, three FC personnel were killed in Quetta and Turbat. The banned Baloch militant group BLF has claimed responsibility for the incident.

BLF spokesman Major Gahram Baloch claimed in an e-mailed statement to local journalists that a security check post in the Kahir Corps area of ​​Ketch was attacked by BLF fighters on January 25 at 6 pm. The spokesman claimed that “https://www.urduvoa.com/” After the attack, BLF fighters seized all the weapons and other military equipment at the check post and set it on fire. : //www.urduvoa.com/ “.

ISPR confirmed the incident

Meanwhile, the Pakistan Army Public Relations (ISPR) has issued a statement confirming the deaths of security forces in Ketch. The statement said that between the nights of January 25 and 26, terrorists opened fire on a security check post in Ketch, Balochistan. One terrorist was killed and several others were injured in the exchange of fire.

According to ISPR, 10 Pakistan Army personnel were also killed while firing at the terrorists. Authorities claimed that 3 terrorists were arrested in the follow-up clearance operation.

. (tagsToTranslate) News (t) Pakistan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button